This post will either be: 1) completely boring to you or 2) completely life changing, if you, like me, are obsessed with anything that makes your life even an inkling easier.
Over the last few months, I have discovered some random must-haves that I had no idea I needed. I feel like most of these things will reveal that I am completely “late to the party”…but for those of you who have also been knee-deep in potty training, squeezable snacks, and sight words, you’re welcome, friends.
- Laminator: HOLY. MOLY. This this has changed my life and I am obsessed. I feel like owning a laminator is sort of like owning a mini-van…you think it’s totally lame until you realize how useful it is. (There is this beautiful transition in motherhood where you just don’t care what other people think anymore.) Originally, I bought a laminator to make name tags for my Bible Study group. And then I started laminating everything. EVERYTHING. Carpool tags, special artwork, handwriting practice pages. I even laminated all of our old holiday photo cards so they will be protected and I can display them every year. I purchased a Bluesmart brand one, and it’s super simple! It’ll be a purchase you won’t regret.
2. Magnetic Phone Mount: I have never had a hands-free phone holder in my car, and now I have no idea how I went without one! There was no way to take a good picture of this, but the Magic Mount for my phone has also been a game changer. This mount has a suction cup that sticks to your windshield with a movable arm that you can position perfectly. A small magnetic sticker on the back of your phone holds the phone onto the mount. No more holding the phone while I look at the GPS or picking it up and down to check messages or take calls. It’ll be the best $15 you spend!
3. Apple Slicer: I landed one of these at the Pier One close out sale, but I wish I would’ve bought one years ago! How and WHY have I been slicing apples for two kids for years?! With one move, this thing slices it for you. Again, I feel like I’m the last person in the world to have one of these, but I’m just thankful I saw the light!
4. Small (6-inch) Colander: Again, I feel like such a nerd about this one, but this little thing is perfect for the kids’ fruit. I hated pulling out the jumbo colander for a few blueberries and strawberries, but I also hate hand washing that thing. (If you’re like me, you let the hand wash dishes “soak” for a few days!) I use this thing DAILY.
5. Key Ring Wristlet/Loop: My BFF gave me one of these for my birthday and I was like…OKAY…THANKS…but seriously, now I see why! This thing is THE BEST. It seems so simple (why couldn’t I come up with something like this?) but it is genius. No more setting keys down to put kids in carseats just to have them fall through the cracks, get lost, or lock them in the car (BEEN THERE). This is so great to slip on your arm, on the doorknob, or a hook in your purse. Seriously, I will never go without one of these! (And for all those reasons, it IS a great gift!)
And there you go! Run, don’t walk, and go buy each one of these for yourself and your friends! (It’s almost gift season, Mamas!)
What are some of your random-but-life-changing items you’ve discovered lately?