Easy weeknight pasta has become my go-to dish during a busy week when I don’t want to order out but want a delicious and healthy meal for my family.
By now you may have seen the TikTok pasta craze, where people bake Feta cheese with cherry tomatoes to create a creamy pasta sauce. I was amazed the first time I saw it, and wanted to see if it lived up to all the hype. However, I decided to put my own twist on the dish and try it with one of my favorite soft cheeses instead of Feta.
Easy Weeknight Pasta Recipe
I’m happy to report this recipe lives up to the hype. It’s delicious and easy–my favorite combo when it comes to cooking. The best part about this dish is that most of the heavy lifting is done in the oven, so you can do more meaningful things while dinner is cooking, like catch up with your kids or scroll TikTok mindlessly.
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 package Boursin cheese (I used garlic and herb, but you can use any flavor)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Season with: salt, pepper, oregano, and onion powder
- 1 cup dried pasta
- Set oven to 400 degrees°F
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and seasoning. Mix and set aside.
- Place the block of Boursin cheese in the center of a baking dish. Add tomatoes around the cheese. Pour oil and seasoning mixture over the cheese and tomatoes. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cheese and tomatoes bake, prepare your pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- When cheese and tomatoes are finished baking, stir tomatoes and cheese together to create a creamy sauce. Taste sauce and add more seasoning accordingly.
- Add sauce to pasta and enjoy.
Serving suggestions for easy weeknight pasta
This pasta and sauce is great as a standalone dish. You can throw in a handful of fresh spinach to the pasta sauce to get some greens in. It’s also good with a side salad. Add grilled chicken, shrimp, or salmon on top of your pasta for a heartier meal.
My kids enjoyed this meal which is always a mom win, but what I really love about this dish is that dinner can be ready in 30 minutes and I don’t have to stand over the stove the whole time.