Every mom has their favorite stores, their go-to happy places. I have several, but my go-to, money-saving place is Dollar Tree. Who doesn’t love a store that has a huge selection or products, many of which only cost $1? My kids also love this store because they have so many fun little treats, and this mom doesn’t feel guilty when she leaves the store.
My Favorite Dollar Tree Finds
- Gift bags & wrapping paper. You can never have too many of these and they come in handy when you have a surprise teacher gift or family gift that needs a cute bag.
- Greeting cards. While you’re picking up the bags and wrapping paper, grab some cards. They have a huge selection of greeting cards for every occasion; I grab two or three cards for $1.
- Glow sticks. My kids love glow sticks. I break them out when the whining starts and the fun commences.
- Seasonal items. This is my go-to section once I get to the store. There are so many cute and affordable options: crafts, treats, and random fun items to celebrate any holiday. This is usually located in the front of the store and usually set up way in advance of the holiday (e.g., Christmas decor in October).
- Balloons. Best kept secret of Dollar Tree are the $1 balloons. They have a large selection of assorted balloons with different characters, shapes, and occasions.You can make a fun balloon arrangement for just a few dollars.
- Toys, puzzles, & workbooks. I have a Dollar Tree bag in my closet full of toys and random goodies for my kids. My boys love Hot Wheels, so I will usually stock up on these and hand them out as prizes. Dollar Tree also has a lot of fun workbooks/puzzles for kids with an assortment of themes.
- CRAFTS. All the crafts. Canvas, stickers, paint, floral, succulents, wreaths, yarn, paints…everything you need for last-minute school projects OR your latest Pinterest project.
Are we missing anything? Tell us in the comments!