Summer is my favorite time of year, with late nights, swim dates, and summer vacations. But all good things must come to an end and a new school year is upon us. As a kid, I loved going back to school. Back to school meant new shoes, backpacks, and new teachers and friends. Now that I have a kid going to school, a new anxiety has filled my brain and all the planning and prep that comes with back to school with young kids. School for him is two days a week for few hours a day. (I’m not ready to let him go completely!)
With that in mind, I’ve made a list of some of my favorite pre-K back-to-school products that should make starting the school year a bit easier and stress-free.
1. Pottery Barn Kids backpack– This is a splurge for me, but I love the variety and personalization that Pottery Barn Kids has with its kids’ backpacks. There are so many options for boys and girls and various sizes, all the way from pre-K to elementary school. There are also matching lunch boxes and water bottles. If you’re obsessed with personalization like me, all of these items can be personalized with your kids names or initials, and fun patches that match their personality.
2. Lunch Bots– This was recommended to me by a friend: a stainless steel bento-style lunch box that has dividers for easy organization for lunch. These boxes come in various sizes and divider variations, all in fun colors. They also sell lunchboxes and other containers that will keep your kids’ lunches organized.
3. Silicone baking cups– I got this genius hack from Pinterest, where I use silicone baking cups to keep lunchboxes organized and mess free. Tip: Place cold items like fruit or cheese in the cups to keep them from ruining dry items like crackers or chips.
4. Name Bubbles– My son’s school recommended these labels for school. EVERYTHING has to be labeled, so these labels are laminated and you are able to write your child’s personal information on these labels. The website allows you to pick fun themes and fonts to personalize them.
5. Igloo Foogo thermos– We have been using this thermos since my son was one, and we love it. It’s small enough for him to hold and keeps all liquids cold inside. The stainless steel design makes it easy to clean and the bottom grip makes it easy to stay on all surfaces.
Back to school is an exciting time for everyone in the family so prepare early and get your back-to-school essentials now to make it a great school year.