Our first Valentine’s during the pandemic is quickly approaching, and you might be feeling a little lost on how to approach it this year during such unprecedented times. If you’re looking for Valentine’s date ideas, below are a few ideas for you that can make this Valentine’s during the pandemic a little more special.
Valentine’s Date Idea #1: Schedule a Mini-Photo Session
A great Valentine’s date idea and great way to support local is by using a photographer in Collin County! Extra kudos points if she’s a Collin County Mom, too! And, if your husband isn’t huge on taking photos, make it a mommy-and-me shoot, like I did. Below are two local photographers that my family has used.
- The Whimsy Frame: Local to North Texas; you can book via her Instagram or Facebook.
- Aissa Tendorf Photography: Local to McKinney; you can book via her website here.
Or a great resource is going to one of our local Collin County Moms Facebook pages to see about finding other great local photographers. Not sure which group to check? Take a look at the picture below, then go ahead and join your group!
- Anna, Celina, Melissa & Prosper: Collin County Moms – North Neighborhood Group
- Plano & Richardson: Collin County Moms – South Neighborhood Group
- Princeton: Collin County Moms – East Neighborhood Group
- McKinney, Frisco & Allen: Collin County Moms – West Neighborhood Group
Valentine’s Date Idea #2: Take a Cooking Class
Cooking classes are a great way to not only learn how to make a new meal, but bond with your significant other or child…unless you are like “old Kara” in the kitchen, when my husband called me The Angry Chef. Granted, that was a good 10 years ago, and I have since elevated my kitchen skills.
Below are a list of places in the DFW area that either offer in-store classes or online. I can attest to the Sur La Table croissant-making classes, which is still being offered. My mother and I attended one of the in-person classes over Thanksgiving, and I will never not make homemade croissants for the holidays again. I will forever be dubbed the homemade croissant lady, and impress everyone who takes a scrumptious bite!
- Sur La Table: Available both online and in person
- The Cookery Dallas: in person
- Cookpop!: Available both online and in person
Valentine’s Date Idea #3: Virtual Wine Tasting
Are you looking for a more Galentine’s friendly event that you can do with your girlfriends? Look no further than a virtual wine tasting! You can do this in one of two ways.
- Host a virtual wine tasting via Local Wine Events. Pick your wine tasting, and let the experts handle the planning and picking of the wine.
- Have each of your girlfriends send their favorite wine brand, then order on the Total Wine website for in-store pickup or delivery. Then you and your besties can host a Zoom call and enjoy your wine together!
Or if you’d rather just go to a local winery in Collin County and pick up some wine for your Valentine’s date, check out the list below. My husband’s and my personal favorite is Landon Winery, which has multiple locations.
Not feeling some of the above ideas? How about one of the below Valentine’s date ideas from past Collin County Moms posts!
- A Guide to Collin County’s Best Coffee Shops
- Best Desserts in Collin County
- Wine Down: Fredericksburg Travel Guide
- My Favorite Pizza Pit Stop in Collin County
- Eat Local: My Favorite Asian Cuisine in Collin County
Know this…if you get to Valentine’s Day, had plans, and now just want to binge watch Bridgerton over a bottle of wine or a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Chocolate Therapy, just know that that is OK, too!