It’s summer in Texas. School’s out. Sun’s out. And you can finally leave your house because everything is opening up again. Hooray! Here are some ideas for family memberships in Collin County and the greater DFW area for a wide variety of interests.
DFW Family Memberships :: Water Activities
Address: 5828 Nancy Jane Lane, Frisco, TX 75035
Phone: (972) 292-6600
Enjoy the water park all summer long with their new Splash Pass! Splash Passes give you unlimited access to the Water park from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
$95 (Frisco resident), $105 (non-resident) Splash Pass for up to 5 family members
Day passes are $11 (ages 3-17) and $13/adults, so a family of 5 (assuming 2 parents) Splash Pass pays for itself in just TWO visits.
Address: 4400 Paige Road, The Colony, Texas 75056
Phone: (972) 905-9925
Summers in Texas are brutal and a day at Hawaiian Falls will help beat the heat.
$69.99 & up season passes include:
- Unlimited visits to Hawaiian Falls The Colony AND Garland
- Early entry every day
- 10% Off food and Island Traders Gift Shop merchandise (at Hawaiian Falls The Colony only)
- Discounted “Bring a Friend” tickets
- Dive-In Movies at Hawaiian Falls The Colony
- Friday Night Slides at Hawaiian Falls Garland
Regular ticket pricing:
$20.99/$25.99 for guests under 48”
$27.99/$32.99 for guests over 48”
A season pass pays for itself with just three visits!
Address: 901 Springbrook Dr., Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (972) 881-8392
Everything is bigger in Texas, including a Texas-sized pool! The Texas Pool, with its unique architectural design and historic value, offers tourists, visitors, guests, and members alike an opportunity to “swim across Texas”.
$225 Family Membership includes:
- Admission to the Texas Pool all summer for every family member in the same household
- Member discounts for private and public parties
- Member discounts on guest passes, swim lessons, and aquatic programs
Regular admission is $10/per person, so for a family of 4, your membership pays for itself in six trips to the Texas Pool.
Address: 417 Lakefront Drive, Little Elm, TX 75068
Phone: (214) 618-2047
DFW’S newest indoor waterpark is now open in Little Elm. The Cove at the Lakefront indoor waterpark with a retractable roof is open year round, so that you can enjoy it in any weather! It includes fun for the whole family featuring a “Sprayground” for littles, waterslides for all ages, and a lazy river.
In addition to unlimited admission year round, members of The Cove enjoy many perks, including discounted cabana rentals and great room rates. Members also have early access to The Cove special event ticket sales and program registration, as well as access to exciting and exclusive members-only events.
Little Elm residents: Monthly rate $45 / Annual rate $500
Non-residents: Monthly rate $65 / Annual rate $690
Family memberships are valid for up to six immediate family members only. Immediate family members are defined as adult couples and their dependent children up to the age of 23.
Under 2 years: Free
Youth: 2-14 years – $11
Individual: 15-49 years – $14
Senior: 50+ – $11
DFW Family Memberships :: Nature Activities
Address: 1 Nature Place, McKinney, TX 75069
Phone: (972) 562-5566
The goal of Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary is to connect visitors with nature to inspire guests with a deeper appreciation for the environment. Since 1967, the Heard has been dedicated to carrying out this vision by providing a variety of events and programs on the 289-acre nature preserve and museum.
The White-Tail Deer Family membership level ($85) offers basic membership benefits for two adults and all children (age 18 and under) in the same household or grandchildren (age 18 and under).
The Roadrunner membership level ($150) is valid for two adults and all children (age 18 and under) in the same household or grandchildren (age 18 and under). This membership offers basic membership benefits plus the following:
- Reciprocal general admission (only) to Perot Museum of Nature & Science and Fort Worth Museum of Science & History.
- 5 free single-day guest passes each year (great for caregivers).
Children 3-12 & seniors 60+: $7
2 & under: Free
Address: 8525 Garland Road, Dallas, Texas 75218
Phone: (214) 515-6615
The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden promotes the art, education, and enjoyment of horticulture. It makes a great day trip from Collin County to check out the seasonal flowers and in the fall, the Pumpkin exhibit.
$143 Family Membership includes:
- Year-round general garden admission for primary member and up to five guests of your choice (six individuals per visit)
- Free parking for up to two vehicles
- 12 complimentary admission tickets to the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden
- Your membership is tax-deductible as allowed by law
Adults (13-64): $17
Seniors (65+): $14
Children (2-12): $12
Children’s Adventure Garden: $3
For a family of 4, including two adults and two children, a Family Membership pays for itself in two visits when you take parking into account.
Address: 3601 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Dallas, TX, 75210 (Fair Park Gate 5)
At Texas Discovery Gardens, you can visit the butterfly house, stroll through the natural gardens, and check out the snake shack.
- Free admission to the Gardens and Rosine Smith Sammons Butterfly House & Insectarium
- Discount for Workshops
- 10% Discount in Gift Shop
- 10% Discount and early shopping for Butterfly Plant Sale
- Invitation to exclusive Members’ events
- Free or reduced admission to 300+ gardens
- One day of free admission to the State Fair of Texas for up to six people (valid weekdays except for Columbus Day).
$75 Family Membership includes:
- Basic member benefits for two adults and four children/grandchildren under 18
- 15% Discount on birthday parties and camps
$150 Family + Membership includes:
Receive all Family Membership benefits, plus:
- Basic member benefits for four adults and six children/grandchildren under 18
- Six one-time guest admissions into Butterfly House
$8 Seniors (60+)
$5 Children (3-11)
FREE for children 2 and under
For a family of 4, the family membership pays for itself in three visits.
DFW Family Memberships :: Museums
Address: 2201 N. Field Street, Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (214) 428-5555
The Perot Museum’s mission is to inspire minds through nature and science. It’s a great place to take inquisitive and curious kids and beat the heat at the same time. It would make a great day trip from wherever you live in Collin County!
$130 Membership Benefits:
- Free General Admission
- Unlimited access to our 11 permanent exhibit halls for one year.
- Members-only hours Saturday (9-10am) and Sunday (10-11am)
- Discounted pricing on films, traveling exhibitions, birthday parties, gift memberships, and programs, plus savings in the Café, Museum Shop, and on parking.
- Free Admission to 360 Museums Worldwide
- Member Express Line
- Use the member-only line at the Box Office and get straight to the adventure.
- Member-Only Events and Presales
- Exclusive preview days to traveling exhibitions and pre-public access to special programs.
For a family of 4 (two adults, two kids), the basic family membership level pays for itself in just two visits.
Address: 8004 North Dallas Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034
Phone: (972) 668-8400
The goal of the National Video Game Museum is to document information about the creation and evolution of the video game industry and preserve as many physical artifacts as possible for generations to come.
$79.99 Family Membership Pass includes:
- Unlimited admission for 4 family members for one year (not including special events)
- $2 off of ticket prices for guests (member must be present)
- 10% discount at Ye Olde Gift Shoppe
- Double tokens
- Priority registration to special events
- Discount on special events & programs (parties, camps, workshops, movie screenings, etc.)
Ticket prices are as follows:
$12 (general admission)
$10 (ages 10 and under)
$10 (Senior Citizens, Educators and active Military. Must present valid ID at time of purchase.)
Ages 3 and under are free.
For a family of 4, a family membership pays for itself in two visits.
The Frisco Museum Pass is $25 (25% savings) and offers admission into ALL of Frisco’s museums:
- National Videogame Museum
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center
- Frisco Discovery Center
- Frisco Heritage Museum
- The Museum of the American Railroad/TrainTopia
Not able to visit all five venues in one day? Not to worry. The Frisco Museum Pass is valid for one year after the purchase date. One pass per person.
DFW Family Memberships:: Zoos & Aquariums
Address: 650 South R.L. Thornton Freeway (I-35E), Dallas, TX 75203
The Dallas Zoo is the oldest and largest zoo in Texas. Its mission is to engage people and saving wildlife. The Dallas Zoo aims to inspire and empower visitors to take action on behalf of wildlife in Texas and around the world by giving guests opportunities to make memorable connections with wildlife.
$149 Family Membership includes: 4 general admissions per day, free parking, discounted ride and attraction tickets, and member-only events.
$199 Passport Family Membership includes: 6 general admissions per day, free parking, unlimited ride and attraction tickets, member-only events, animal feedings, 2 general admission guest passes, VIP member events.
- Free admission
- Free parking
- Discounted tickets for extra guests
- 10% discount at the gift shop, restaurants, and on educational programs
- Priority registration for select programs
- Discounts on special exhibits like Zoo Lights
- Discounts at 150+ zoos and aquariums nationwide
- Invitations to members-only previews and special events
Dallas Zoo has flexible pricing ranging from $8 to $21 based on seasonal attendance. A family of 4 may pay between $68-$74 for tickets, so the family membership pays for itself in just two to three visits.
1801 North Griffin St. Dallas, TX 75202
Phone: (214) 720-2224
- Free admission for one year
- “Members only” entrance
- 10% discount in Gift Shop, Book Store, and restaurants
- Personalized membership card(s)
- Priority seating, with advance reservations in eighteen-O-one restaurant
- FAMILY – privileges for two adult cardholders and up to four children under 18 years of age, residing in the household, $325.00 + tax. Add Designated Caretaker for $120.00 + tax
- SINGLE PARENT FAMILY – privileges for one adult cardholder and up to four children under 18 years of age, residing in the household, $275.00 + tax
- GRANDPARENTS – privileges for two adult cardholders and up to four grandchildren under 18 years of age, $295.00 + tax
- SINGLE GRANDPARENT – privileges for one adult cardholder and up to four grandchildren under 18 years of age, $225.00 + tax
Adults: $26.95 + tax
Child (3-12): $18.95 + tax
Senior (65+): $22.95 + tax
For a family of 4, the membership would pay for itself with four visits. The grandparents’ membership would pay for itself in three visits, based on two grandparents and four grandchildren. Note: the Dallas World Aquarium does not participate in any reciprocal programs.
A great way to gain access to a number of attractions in DFW is the Pogo Pass. For one set cost, you gain access to places like the Fort Worth Zoo, Hawaiian Falls, and games like the Frisco Roughriders and Dallas Sidekicks. The pass easily pays for itself with just a couple of visits to the places listed.
Pogo Pass is $49.98 per person per year. Participating venues are subject to change.
- Fort Worth Zoo – 1 visit
- Hawaiian Falls – 1 visit
- Texas Discovery Gardens – 1 visit
- Dallas Wings – 2 Games
- Frisco Roughriders – 2 games
- SeaQuest – 1 visit
- Shenaniganz – 1 visit
- SkyZone – 2 visits
- Texas Legends – 2 games
- Dallas Sidekicks – 1 game
- International Bowling Museum
- KidMania – 2 visits
- Pump It Up – 2 visits
- AlleyCats – 1 visit
- National Video Game Museum – 1 visit
- Dallas Heritage Village – 1 visit
- Itz Family Food & Fun – 2 visits